British Airways is offering special fares at this year’s NATAS Travel Fair with a list of unforgettable destinations for all kinds of traveller in 2017. With British Airways’ network of more than 190 destinations, travellers can tick-off their destinations bucket list with the sale fares taking place from now until 2 March 2017.
Those looking to take advantage of the lower pound rate can visit London in true British style from as low as S$1,188 in World Traveller economy. Holidaymakers can also enjoy the best of Europe with all-in fares starting from S$998 to Dublin and S$1,009 to Barcelona. Travellers in Singapore looking for a quick getaway can escape to Sydney to enjoy beautiful beaches or marvel at the colourful light installations of Vivid Sydney in June 2017, the world’s largest festival of light and music from S$648.
Robert Williams, British Airways’ head of sales for Asia Pacific and the Middle East, said: “We want to encourage those with a travel wish list for the New Year to discover new places in the world by taking advantage of our competitive fares and convenient flight schedules. Whether you are looking to immerse yourself in culture or seeking an adventure, there is a destination for every explorer with unique experiences that will make 2017 a truly memorable one.”
Suggested destinations for each type of traveller are:
1. Millennial Trailblazers – Santiago, Chile
A millennial trailblazer is highly recognisable especially with social media becoming a tool for travel promotion. Millennial trailblazers have plenty of awe-inspiring travel photos on their social media accounts and are often spotted in destinations that are off the beaten path.
Those looking for unchartered territories with stunning backdrops to boast on social media can visit Santiago, Chile. It is British Airways’ newest and longest flight route from London Heathrow. The remote location is surrounded by the stunning snow-capped Andes Mountains but at the same time is abuzz with bars and cafes that will keep a tech-savvy traveller busy with their fingertips. It is also recommended to take a two-hour flight north to Atacama Desert, the world’s driest desert, to experience world-class stargazing.
2. Relic Hunters – Lima, Peru
Travellers inspired by the adventures of Indiana Jones or those with an insatiable curiosity for past events are constantly on a quest to seek sites that fire their imaginations and enrich their knowledge of the world. It is of little wonder that ancient cities including Machu Picchu and Angkor Wat remain popular among tourists given how these sites are full of intrigues of their past. For those looking to fulfil their wanderlust, Peru remains top on the list. Home to the ancient Incan city, Machu Picchu and a modern country steeped in history, there is much to explore in Peru that will leave one in awe.
3. City Shoppers – London, United Kingdom
‘Shop to your heart’s content’ is a relatable saying for every city shopper. They look for great buys and relish in the vibrancy of a city that offers irresistible deals and palatable food. With stronger Singapore dollars vs pound, there is no better time to visit London for a shopping spree. London has everything from luxury shopping and grandiose museums to bustling markets - it is a place with endless choices. Pick up a bargain at Spitalfields Markets, one of London’s oldest markets, or visit London’s top shopping destinations at Oxford Street.
4. Adventure Seekers – Stavanger, Norway
Brave backpackers and travellers with nerves of steel are undaunted by challenges and often embrace them. They seek experiences that not only fuel their adrenaline, but also indelible moments that are personal and empowering. Not for the fainthearted, intrepid travellers can take a four to a five-hour hike and catch their breaths at Preikestolen – the ‘pulpit rock’ in Stavanger, Norway. Plan a visit between May and October for optimum weather conditions.
Terms and conditions:
· Sale ends on 2 March 2017, unless sold out prior.
· Subject to availability.
· Airfares from Singapore are based on return travel and include all taxes, fees and surcharges.
· British Airways Plc reserves the right to verify the eligibility of Eligible Participants and may cancel the booking if payment is made for this offer by another card issuer.
· The advertised fare for all classes are valid for departures from 9 February to 31 December 2017.
· Flight and date change permitted. An administrative charge and service fees will apply.
· E-Tickets issued are non-refundable.
· The cost of travel between airports is not included in your fare. This offer is for travel on selected British Airways flights.
· Fares differ for other destinations.
· Prices are correct as of 8 February 2017 but may fluctuate if surcharges, fees, taxes or currency change.
· Other terms and conditions apply.
Visit ba.com for more information about great deals on flights and hotels.